Government Polytechnic College was established in 1983 and has 65 Acres of Land. It is working under Directorate of Technical Education, Bhopal and also under Department of Technical Education & skill Development, Government of Madhya Pradesh.
The college runs Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mine and Mining Surveying, Computer Science & Engineering, Civil Engineering and Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering, Part Time Diploma Courses such as-Electrical Engineering & Mechanical Engineering.
A brief report about the innovation and Technical changes introduced in the Institution in last 3 years.
- Maximum student get placed in Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering due to power plants are around this area.
- Experts from power plants are invited to deliver Lectures about present technology to students and staff.
- Industrial & Technical visits are arranged for student and staff in power plants.
- In every Semester 21 days Training Programs are arranged for students in Industries, Pvt.Ltd. Companies, Government Engineering Departments etc.
- Technical Talks, Seminars, Workshops etc. are also arranged for students in their class at least once in a month.
- Games & Sports, Literary Activities, and Cultural Activities are also arranged to refresh students.
Government Polytechnic College Waidhan is functioning in a well laid out campus with shady trees. The classrooms, Laboratories and all student amenities are housed in a 12,000 square feet of Buildings. A well-planned layout of playground supplements the extra curricular activities of the students. All six Departments are headed by eminent, Dedicated and sincere Professors with a high qualification in their appropriate branch of engineering and technology. Interact with external agencies like AICTE, CII, FICCI, SDI, MPCVET, R&D Organizations, various Power Plants and Institutes of Higher Learning providing quality education with judicious allocation of available resources to the technical institutions so as to contribute to the economic well-being and quality of life of the communities it serves.